Monday, January 31, 2011


Race Schedule 2011

Here's the plan for the year so far... I don't like to much ahead, but its kind of necessary to avoid too many stupid situations. Hopefully I didn't forget anything. If you see something I forgot, please let me know.

I am still crossing my fingers for Hardrock. I'll know in less than a week. I also have a burro race on the calendar. That's tentative for now. There's some planning involved in that one. It's kind of a pain in the....

February 13-Montana de Oro 50K-San Luis Obispo, CA
March 12- Run Through Time Marathon-Salida, CO
April 18-Boston Marathon-Boston, MA
May 8-Kalamazoo Marathon, Kalamazoo, MI
May 21-Jemez Mountain Trail Runs-50M-Los Alamos, NM
May 30-Bolder Boulder 10K-Boulder, CO
June 4-Golden Gate Dirty Thirty 50K-Black Hawk, CO

June 25- Black Hills 100-Sturgis, SD
or
July 8-Hardrock 100-Silverton, CO

July 23-Crow Pass Crossing-Anchorage, AK
July 17-Aug.3- Alaskan Mountain Ultrarunning Camp

Early August-Boom Days Burro Race-Leadville, CO (yeah, you read that correctly)
August 20-Pikes Peak Ascent-Manitou Springs CO

Sometime in August-Nolan's 14 attempt (and Likely failure)

Fall-The Bear 100 or some other 100, maybe...After that, who cares...

I'll leave with a picture or two taken while out running on the front range. These were taken a few weeks ago on Green Mtn. Green Mountain is an interesting park. It gets a bad name because it gets a lot of use by all sorts, and it's not too remote. BUT, in my opinion, it still offers some seclusion and lots of wildlife, and a good climb or two (hill repeats?). Add that to it's convenience, and its a winner in my book. The views of Denver from the top at night are some of the best around.



Foothills (and maybe even Mt. Evans) from Green Mountain
Denver from the Top of Green Mountain


No comments:

Post a Comment